Montag, 28. Dezember 2015

A little Update



Hey, 

I'm really sorry that I didn't post anything in the last few months. I have been so busy.

I can't believe that it is half a year ago that I left the most beautiful place on the world. I honestly miss New Zealand more than expected. I miss my friends, my rowing team, ... And I miss School. I know it sounds stupid that I miss school. But compare to a German school it is a dream. But before I tell you about my problems with the German school, I would like to tell you what happened since I left.


So I arrived on 7th of July in Frankfurt. I was so excited to see my parents. Mummy cried when she saw me. My family was just happy to have me back. I was just tired. I have problems with jetlag and my luggage didn’t arrive in Germany (My suitcase arrived a few days later). I was sleeping nearly all the way home to Stuttgart. In Stuttgart my parents took me to a shopping mall. For me that was unbelievable. So many shops and the first time in a drug store. There are massive in Germany. You have so many products that you could spend hours in there. After a bath I felt so much better. Mummy made my favourite German food. I started to get over my little culture shock. So the next few weeks I visited family and friends to see them all after the year. I had the feeling that nearly nothing in Germany has changed. I was so lovely to see them again. Also the time I had with my family in Italy was wonderful. We have visited Venice and Florence. Wonderful cities. I enjoyed the time every much.

In September school started. As you might know I have to do 4 semesters to get my German A-Level which I need to apply for Uni. I have 5 subjects, which are kind of scholarship subjects. Just that I didn’t get anything for passing and everybody needs to do them. So I have Maths (Calculates), German, English, Chemistry and Economics. I thought that I have not do a much because I had them in New Zealand already. But I was completely wrong. My English grates are more bad that in New Zealand. I have the imagination that Kiwi-English and the German school English, which is supposed to be British English are two different languages. Sucks (one word Not existing in their language), as well as kiwi fruit (my teacher said that her favourite food is kiwi. The result was a fight between me and her about the definition of kiwi). I started to get along with her. Her favourite thing in class is talking about gramma. And I’m absolutely amazing in Gramma (Not). I Hate it. I didn’t know that the present perfect progressive and all the other times are.
Also in Economics there are some differences. Some stuff I have learned is wrong here. But my teacher is really friendly. She helps me with the vocabulary. Somethings I don’t know the word in German so she translates it sometimes for me. I never thought I need someone helping me with German. But I get better with German.
I thought That German classes would be hardest for me. And they are. German is really difficult language with all the grammatical rules. But I’m on the way to get better.
In school I have normal courses like Biology, Physics, Music, Religion studies, History, IT, …

It took me a long time to get back to the German system. But I’m pleased for all my friends for helping me though this time. At the beginning I hated school. I missed NZ. But now it is alright. I have periods I enjoy and some not. But overall it is getting better.

I started to get some cello lessons. I love to have my own cello back. And I enjoy the practices.

I know you are wondering already:” Ann, what is with rowing?”. I must lie if I say it is fine. The situation at rowing has change so much. My coach left the club and we got a new one for the young ones we have. I was fighting to get a single, especially cause the German doctors could fix my shoulder. I got one in October. I was so close to give up. I miss to morning rows, to have a coach yelling and motivating, to push every single stroke to the limit. I miss the amazing team I have in New Zealand. Here I feel so lonely. I have Linda rowing a double with me. But most of the time I row a single. I didn’t do my training as I should do. My Dad felt so sorry for me that he called a mate of him how is working at a gym close to my school. So I’m training now at the gym. I enjoy it so much. I’m not sure that the future will bring. But I’m hoping to get my motivation back. But we will see how it goes. I like the single I have. It is a really cool boat. But at the moment it is at the service of Filippi to get fixed. I hope to get it back soon and to row a few k’s. I will post a pic of it when it gets back.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I had. Sadly, we didn’t had snow but I enjoyed to be back for Christmas.

I hope you are all enjoying you holidays.

Miss u Xxx Ann


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen